Go To Content
:::

Changhua Detention Center, Agency of Corrections, Ministry of Justice:Back to homepage

:::

History

  • Publication Data :
  • Last updated:2019-08-20
  • Count Views:1303

History

History

Changhua Detention Center, Agency of Corrections, Ministry of Justice is located at NO. 73 on Fayuan Street.
Changhua County originally didn't have a district courthouse. In 1950, Taichung District Court set up a temporary courtroom in Yuanlin to handle county criminal cases. Later, an independent courthouse was considered necessary after much thoughts.
The former Ministry of Justice decided to reconstruct on-site a criminal defendantdetention center. The courthouse was completed in 1968 and inaugurated on October 14 of the same year.
The Changhua Juvenile Detention House and Taiwan Taichung Prison Changhua Branch (re-named Taiwan Changhua Prison Changhua Branch on Oct. 1, 1996) were established on July 1, 1971 and Jan. 1, 1974, respectively. Affiliated rehabilitation center was founded while the Statute for Nrcotics Hazard Control became operative on May 20.

 

Go Top